In today’s edition of This Week at Binance (July 16 to 23, 2021): CZ spoke at a DeFi virtual summit, we launched a new project on Binance Launchpad, announced three new NFT collections and unveiled a new promotion with Travala.
Much doge...such Bitcoin, “The B Word” conference was held this week! Elon Musk discussed all things cryptocurrency with the Twitter CEO, Jack Dorsey and much wows were had. Jokes aside, we hope everyone enjoyed the panel.
Weekly Market Recap
This week we saw the total crypto market cap increase 2.31%, from $1.3T on July 16th to $1.33T at the time of writing.
Bitcoin (BTC) dropped to a weekly low of around $29,457 on July 20th. BTC currently trades at ~$32,640 as of writing.
During the same period, Ethereum (ETH) followed a similar movement, dropping to a weekly low of around $1723 on July 20th. ETH currently trades at ~$2060 as of writing.
1. CZ Talks About DeFi at SCB 10X Virtual Summit
Hey everyone! In case you missed it, I had an opportunity to speak at SCB 10X’s Virtual Summit ‘ReDeFine Tomorrow 2021’ on July 23. Thank you to SCB 10X for giving me a platform to talk about decentralized finance and all the hard work we’re doing at Binance.
We’re thrilled to announce our 20th project on Binance Launchpad! From 2021-07-23 6:00 AM to 10:00 AM (UTC), C98 was officially available for subscription to all eligible Binance users. Coin98 is an all-in-one DeFi platform that aims to fulfill untapped demand in the industry and become a gateway bridging traditional financial users to DeFi services across multiple blockchains.
Learn more3. Get 5% Cashback on Travala With Binance Pay
Live the #CryptoLifestyle! Earn 5% cashback on hotel bookings worth $2,000 when you book your next vacation on the Binance Marketplace Hotels app. To visit the marketplace, download the Binance app and swipe down on the homepage.
Featured by Binance Drops Good Energy on July 20
We just dropped a new limited-edition collection on our decentralized NFT marketplace, Featured by Binance. Check out our collaboration with acclaimed artists, Matt Burns “Burns” and Justice Laub “Good Energy.”
Big Time NFT Collection Drops July 22
Starting on July 22, gamers and collectors alike can unlock cinematics, in-game concept art, 1 of 4 limited-edition NFTs and early access passes from Big Time studios, the creators of an upcoming multiplayer action RPG that features collectible NFTs. Big Time’s team of developers includes veterans from beloved gaming franchises such as Fortnite, Gears of War, Call of Duty and Overwatch.
ADAHA NFT Art Collection Available July 27-30
From July 27 - 30, the ADAHA collection, featuring exciting NFT artworks by 8 leading contemporary artists, will be auctioned off. 50% of proceeds from the collection of renowned digital artist, John Gerrard, will go towards regenerative and biological farming organizations. Explore the collection on Binance NFT.
Other Bits to Consider
- Earn Up to 25% APY on MDX and VITE with Binance Savings. Starting July 22, earn up to 25% APY on MDX and VITE with Binance Savings. (Read more)
- ADA, SHIB & BNB Airdrop - Up To $75,000 To Be Shared! Complete tasks to win a pool of up to $75,000 in ADA, SHIB & BNB. (Read more)
- Binance Adds New Trading Pairs. AAVE/BRL, ADX/BUSD, DEXE/USDT, EOS/AUD and LTO/BUSD trading pairs will open at 2021-07-23 10:00 AM (UTC). (Read more)
- Binance Pool Will Cease BSV Mining Services. Binance Pool will officially stop BSV mining services at 2021-07-31 00:00 AM (UTC). (Read more)
- Binance Loans Adds Borrowable Assets USDC & YFI. Binance has added USDC and YFI as borrowable assets on the Binance Loans platform, including a limited-time 50% discount for YFI. (Read more)
- Binance Adds THETA, ICP, AVAX & TFUEL to the Convert & OTC Portal! Users will now be able to trade these tokens against BTC, BUSD, USDC and USDT on the Binance Convert & OTC Portal. (Read more)
- Binance Completes 16th Quarterly BNB Burn. On July 19, we completed our 16th Quarterly BNB token burn of 1,296,728 BNB (roughly $393,673,653.52 equivalent). (Read more)
- Binance ceases support for Stock Tokens. In order to focus on our other product offerings, Binance.com will no longer support any stock tokens after 2021-10-14 19:55 (UTC). Users who currently hold stock tokens may sell or hold them over the next 90 days. (Read more)
Educational Bits From the Academy
Evolution of the internet. Refresh your understanding of the past and future implications of the internet and Web 3.0 in this article. (Read more)
What is Phishing? Prevention is the best cure. Learn about common phishing attacks in this article so you know how to avoid them in the future. (Read more)