In today’s edition of This Week at Binance (July 9 to 16, 2021): CZ shared an open letter reflecting on the past four years, the global Binance community tuned in for the 4th anniversary concert experience, and we introduced our first-ever crypto gift cards.Fellow Binancians,
Good news everyone! Binance just hit 4 years on Wednesday July 14, and we couldn’t have done it without you. 4 years! That’s the time period between each Olympic event. Whether you’ve been a Binance user since day 1 or you signed up yesterday because your friend wants referral rewards, we’re grateful you’ve decided to share your crypto journey with us.
The road to 5 years starts now.
Weekly Market Recap
This week we saw the total crypto market cap decrease 4.4%, from $1.37T on July 9 to $1.31T as of writing.
Bitcoin (BTC) was trading at around $32,885 on July 9 before bouncing off a weekly high of around $34,522 on July 11 . BTC currently trades at $31,809 as of writing.
During the same period, Ethereum (ETH) did not fare as well, trading at around $2,132 on July 9 before dropping to a weekly low of around $1,880 on July 14. ETH currently trades at around $1,972 as of writing.
1. CZ Shares an Open Letter to the Community
Hey Binancians! Our 4th Anniversary was a big day but more importantly, I wanted to share a big “thank you” to the Binance community for choosing to share your crypto journey with us. To mark this special day, I’ve written an open letter to share important updates with our users, including our progress and growth so far, our ongoing commitment to serving the Binance community and our vision for the future.
2. Everything you Missed From Binance’s 4th Anniversary
Thank you to everyone who tuned in! On Wednesday July 14, thousands of Binancians came together to witness an unforgettable concert experience, an AMA from CZ, the 2021 Binance Award winners and some special news and announcements.
3. Share the Gift of Crypto With Binance Gift Cards
Here at Binance, we love rolling out features to give our users the best possible crypto experience. Starting today, you’ll be able to share the gift of crypto with registered Binance users and non-Binance users alike. What are you waiting for? Send your friends and family the greatest gift of all—crypto!
4. Binance Labs Announces Fall 2021 Incubation Program
Binance Labs is excited to accept Fall 2021 applications for its Incubation Program, which showcases the most promising blockchain projects and BUIDLers worldwide. From projects on Binance Smart Chain to DeFi and trading infrastructure, Binance Labs looks for innovative projects to increase mainstream crypto adoption around the world—find out what’s new in the latest program and apply today!
NFT! Gotta Collect em’ all
Richard Orlinski x Binance 4th Anniversary
The Richard Orlinski mystery boxes are officially up for grabs on the secondary market! For those who missed out on the drop, there’s still a chance to win some exclusive prizes. For our first of three secret prizes, all you need to do is collect 10 Bull NFTs for a chance to receive an exclusive super supre rare (SSR) Orlinski Binance 4th anniversary drawing. Follow @TheBinanceNFT to stay updated on the next two secret prizes.
Other Bits to Consider
- Binance Earn now available in Binance Lite mode. Binance Lite users can now access products such as BNB Vault and Flexible Savings, providing the fastest and easiest way to earn passive income with crypto. (Read more)
- Win a 4th Anniversary Binance Loans NFT. From now till 2021-07-27 11:59:59 PM (UTC), eligible users can win 1 of 50 4th Anniversary Binance Loans NFTs. Find out how! (Read more)
- Earn 20% APY on CAKE with Binance Savings. Subscriptions are first come-first served. (Read more)
- New assets on Binance Savings: AAVE, ANKR, BTT, CHR, COMP, CRV, DODO, ERN, FOR, FTM, FXS, HNT, KEEP, KLAY, LPT, MANA, MIR, NU, OMG, PERP, RSR, SC, SUSHI, YFI and YFII. (Read more)
- Binance Staking launches INJ staking. Stake your INJ starting from 2021-07-15 12:00 PM (UTC) to earn up to 33.12% APY. (Read more)
- Brazillians can now buy Ethereum ETF. Brazilian Securities Regulator (CVM) approved the new cryptocurrency ETF that tracks the performance of Ethereum digital currency, and will be listed on the Brazilian Stock Exchange B3. This makes it the first exchange in Latin America to list a 100% Ethereum ETF. (Read more)
NEW LISTINGS THIS WEEK
- Coin98 (C98) Token Sale on Binance Launchpad!
Educational Bits From the Academy:
Build a well-balanced crypto portfolio. Don’t throw all your money in one asset. Find out how to spread your money and build a healthy porfolio. (Read more)
Bitcoin Futures contracts. Get a quick 101 crash course on Bitcoin Futures contracts and how to trade them. (Read more)