Coinbase has an ambitious mission to increase economic freedom in the world. By leveraging blockchain technology and digital currencies, we’re building an open financial system, in which capital flows through open-source protocols that are faster, more transparent, and available to all. In order for the technology to achieve its full potential, the crypto industry needs to attract the most talented, motivated, and diverse people who can help build the future.
Today, we are thrilled to announce our scholarship program for minority professionals in partnership with the Institute For the Future, University of Nicosia* (UNIC), a global leader in blockchain and digital currency education. UNIC offers the first and the leading accredited Masters degree program devoted to blockchain and digital currency.
By providing talented minority professionals with a full scholarship to obtain an MSc in Blockchain and Digital Currency, we will help foster the next generation of leaders in the cryptocurrency industry. Graduates of the UNIC MSc program benefit from a broad background, combining courses in finance, management, computer science, and information systems to provide a holistic analysis of cryptocurrencies and blockchain systems, applications, and services.
Based on our partnership with the Institute For the Future — University of Nicosia, we are delighted to offer up to four additional full scholarships for their next intake of MSc in Blockchain and Digital Currency program in the Fall of 2021.
If you’re interested in applying, kindly follow below steps:
Step 1: Register
Step 2: Complete the Coinbase scholarship application
Step 3: UNIC enrollment team will reach out and guide you on completing the MSc in Blockchain and Digital Currency application
- Coinbase encourages minority professionals and/or females to apply. Coinbase defines minority professionals as Black (including African and Caribbean descent), Hispanic/Latino, Indigenous Americans and Pacific Islanders and female as inclusive of transgender applicants.
- Coinbase Scholars application deadline: August 18, 2021
- Coinbase Scholars recipient selection: September, 10 2021
- MSc program start date: September 27, 2021
- Questions? Please contact Business Development and Enrollment Manager, Hazal Aripinar.
- If you’re also interested in joining Coinbase, visit us online at coinbase.com/careers.
- Coinbase employees or contractors are not eligible to apply for the scholarship.
*The University of Nicosia (UNIC) is the global leader in blockchain education and offers the first and the leading accredited Masters degree program devoted to blockchain and digital currency. Within the curriculum of the MSc program, UNIC offers a variety of courses ranging from principles of disruptive innovation, regulatory issues and concerns, tokens taxonomy, DeFi, Central Bank Digital Currencies, NFTs, blockchain applications, smart contracts, asset tokenization, stablecoins, convergence with AI and IoT and others. The degree is taught by a variety of renowned professors including Andreas Antonopoulos, Antonis Polemitis, Mark Toohey and Prof. George Giaglis.
Coinbase Announces Partnership with the Institute For the Future, University of Nicosia was originally published in The Coinbase Blog on Medium, where people are continuing the conversation by highlighting and responding to this story.